All business visa applicants should attach a letter addressed to Ethiopian Embassy from his /her organization explaining the purpose of his/her travels.
US Officials or Diplomats traveling with Diplomatic, Official or Service Passport must bring an official letter from US State Department.
Officials or Diplomats of other countries traveling with Diplomatic, official or service Passport must bring official letter from appropriate Authorities or Embassies.
- The passport must be valid for at least six months.
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of Green Card or I-94 or Work Permit (Except US National)
- A letter from his/her organization explaining the purpose of his/her travels.
- A completed visa application form (Click here to download the application form). (The form can be filled out online. The form should be printed and with necessary documents should be sent to the embassy or presented in person at the embassy with the proper payment in the form of a money order.)
- For Eritrean and foreign nationals of Eritrean origin please fillout this Application Form too (click here to download the application form)
- Service fees will be paid in money order or Cashiers Check or Certified bank check made payable to Embassy of Ethiopia; Click here to view a chart of the visa types and associated fees
- A self addressed return envelope which has a tracking number (FEDEX, UPS, or USPS EXPRESS MAIL) with it. (for those using mail service);
- If all the necessary requirements are fulfilled, the visa can be issued on the next two or three business day.
Requirements for Replacement of an Expired Passport
1.Four recent, color passport size Photographs with white background with the name of the applicant at the back of the photograph;
2.The actual passport
3.Two copies of Expired Passport
4.Document that show your Current Status in the US Two copies of Green Card (both Sides) Or I-94 copy Or Other document that show present immigration status (for those who do not have Green Card) Work permit
5.Service fee $50.00 must be in money order or Cashier’s Check or Certified bank Check made payable to the Embassy of Ethiopia
6.Fingerprint of the Applicant and a copy of it. Please go to the nearest police station or to the companies authorized to take finger prints. (click here to download) the Finger print Capture form
7.A self addressed return envelope which has a tracking number (FEDEX, UPS, or USPS EXPRESS MAIL) with it.
8.Two copies of the Application Form (click here to download)